• Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 8 months ago #163921 by sal
SCHMITT! was created by sal
[schild]"SCHMITT" AKA VAUXHALL ASTRA 1.7 CDTI SRI (100)[/schild]

latest update: 11/08/2014 - NEW BREMBO MAX DISCS

[schild]INDEX[/schild](sorry about the lack of updates... been too tied up... will get there! also as per usual, please let me know if there any dead links lying around! thanks!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 8 months ago #163922 by sal
Replied by sal on topic SCHMITT!
so the car is a 54 plate Vauxhall Astra 1.7 cdti sri (100) that i picked up for £3400... not too bad i think, and i know people will say that there is better around, but i really liked this car, and once i have eyes on it, i will buy. a lot of reasons made me buy this car, for example, it is slightly modified as the pictures will show and has the toys to match as well. at the time when i crashed my 306, my fundings where low, so i was looking i didn’t need to do much work on to get it how i want it to look and so this came around and i took it! :) hopefully it doesn’t give me too much problems but as everyone says, diesels are virtually bulletproof if you look after it well!

here are piccies of my car and a link to my photo bucket album too.

photobucket album

so project wise, there isn’t an aim for the car really, except i am probably (like the rest of you guys) want it to look the best around and for myself so whatever money is going to be splashed on the car!

first priority will be to sort out the bad parts of the car. this includes:
  • damaged driver mirror[/*:m]
  • sticky starter motor[/*:m]
  • load turbo whine[/*:m]
  • crack in window[/*:m]
  • detailing[/*:m]
  • new bulb needed for headlight[/*:m][/list:u]

(will post more piccies when i can!)

these are the stuff i feel need to be done before i do the "extras" let’s say. as per usual i got kind of side tracked with that and ended up buying myself a new multimedia system for the car!

multimedia system
    i have just ordered this . not from this site however, but all in all, the same product. i already have a cd70 navi in the car, but the lack of stuff it can do is really not helping me out. it’s also starting to play about a little so i thought i had to get this sorted out anyways. this system essentially is a dvd player, 6 disc changer, TV, Freeview TV, satnav, rear view camera, Bluetooth, iPod ready and many more things. one other reason why i thought i should buy it is the fact it still makes the car look very OEM. that along with the price makes it one of the best things around!!!

eonon D5107

...D5107 6.2 Inch Digital Screen Touch Screen Car DVD Player with Built-in GPS For OPEL + Map Optional(D5107)

Specific for OPEL
    -Silver Color
    -Built-in GPS
    -Steering Wheel Control
    -Virtual CD Driver Function
    -Picture In Picture Function
    -Bluetooth/iPod
    -US/CA/EU/AU Map Optional...

source: http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Sp ... D5107.html

along with that, i have also bought a 6th gen iPod classic 80gb to play my music in the car too! i can’t wait for this to all be put in and tried out. and if it is good as it’s priced, then I’ll definitely recommend it to you guys!

low beam headlight gone

as for this, i have just bought some cheap bulbs off eBay temporally.. i aim to change (NOT CONVERT) the headlights to HID lights one day so i didn’t want to waste any money buying something that’s going to go anyways! i just hope now that the bulbs work fine in the car as with most new cars, you have canbus, but because i bought it cheap anyways, it won’t be too bad to test and find out anyways.

sticking starter motor

there happens to be a problem with my starter motor. it happens to be sticking a little every time i turn on the car so i think the best thing i can do is get the starter motor replaced and hopefully that will sort out the problem. i decided that this will be best done whilst i get my MOT done which isn’t too far off so at the moment, i am running trying to get some quotes for the work.

the best i have got, that i am happy with is £150 which includes the MOT too and i think that is reasonable, but if you can or know anyone that beat that price, then please let me know, as everyone wants to save money at the end of the day.

and finally as for all the other main priority parts, there will be sorted as soon as i can! :) i don’t however expect much other extra changes to the car until my insurance is out the way next year and all my car parts of my old car is all sold. till then it is just the matter of sorting out all the other parts of the car! :)

hope i didn’t bore you with all this, at the end this is just a log of what i am doing and i hope this is interesting and helps out readers along the way.

???

? BACK TO INDEX ? FACEBOOK LINK ?This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.? [/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #163988 by James ST
Replied by James ST on topic SCHMITT!
looks smart mate , shame about the 306 but onwards and upwards :)

need anythink doing on this or a hand with anythink , im your vauxhall man even though i drive a ford lol :rolleyes: ,
i work at the main dealer in the ditch :)

[img:3bhunzz4]http://offsite.warwickshiremodified.co.uk/signatures/jim_bo.jpg[/img:3bhunzz4]
Vx Trained Technician - Diagnostics and Repairs carried out at reasonable prices on all makes and models
Cruise Control Activation Avalible On Astra H and Zafira B PM me For Detail's

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 8 months ago #163994 by sal

JIM_BO wrote: looks smart mate , shame about the 306 but onwards and upwards :)

need anythink doing on this or a hand with anythink , im your vauxhall man even though i drive a ford lol :rolleyes: ,
i work at the main dealer in the ditch :)

aaa that sounds good!! i do need a service done, but its still is abit too far to travel. i want it done by a vauxhall dealer, but is there any local to me???

and yeah exactly... its a peice of metal at the end of the day! :p

More
12 years 8 months ago #163998 by James ST
Ent that far lol and I think redditch probs closest dealer for you

[img:3bhunzz4]http://offsite.warwickshiremodified.co.uk/signatures/jim_bo.jpg[/img:3bhunzz4]
Vx Trained Technician - Diagnostics and Repairs carried out at reasonable prices on all makes and models

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 8 months ago #164010 by sal

JIM_BO wrote: Ent that far lol and I think redditch probs closest dealer for you

the ditch is still far.. i only had to travel to town which was 15 mins away for my old pug. how much do you charge for servicing anyways?? (wm discount!! :) ). my car is due one!

More
12 years 8 months ago #164074 by James ST
for me to do it or at work lol
gen parts or non gen and what do you want done on it ?

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 7 months ago #164317 by sal

JIM_BO wrote: for me to do it or at work lol
gen parts or non gen and what do you want done on it ?

just a normal astra service with the book stamped and stuff.

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 7 months ago #164318 by sal
03/09/2011 - a lot has been done

MOT, REPLACEMENT BUSHES AND STARTER MOTOR REPLACED
so from my last post, i got my MOT done, along with replacement bushes and starter motor! :) All for £140! :)

ICE
after that, i got my ICE system sorted out as mentioned above! (Will post piccies as soon as i can) but basically it includes eonon d5107, and my two JBL subs that i had of my old car. Main thing is though, it sounds so nice and i can do everything i couldn’t imagine! When i do get the time, i will post a review on this, to hopefully help you guys out too.

TINTS
I’ve also got my windows tinted for £110 which i think is a very reasonable price. It isn’t 100% legal but it isn’t even chav limo tint either so i think i did the right choice. The coppas haven’t pulled me once since. And at some times, I’ve even had no plates and a broken bulb too!

BULBS
talking about bulbs, i have also uprated the bulbs all around. Done as cheap and as good quality as possible, because i will be investing in the dynabeams and HIDs when i can. (This was only done because my bulb went!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270791953969? ... 1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270798558763? ... 1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230339761298? ... 1439.l2649

some prices are now weird, but for what i done, i wouldn’t spend any more than £10 on each set of bulbs! Here are some pictures of the bulbs on my car in the night.. Looks good me thinks!

the number plate lights have been changed now to 13 smds, they are only 5 smds, but still, as you can see, bright enough!

NUMBER PLATES

also, I’ve noticed that front number plate was peeling, so i got some nice new gel domed sets at a good price too. I recommend you guys to go there as well if you like these sorts of plates!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-Black-Dome ... 19c7b5e714

again, i will post piccies ASAP and have my review on them as well.

???

? BACK TO INDEX ? FACEBOOK LINK ?This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.? [/size]

• sal
  • Topic Author
  • True WM Regular
  • True WM Regular
More
12 years 7 months ago #164457 by sal
SOME NEW PICCIES

Took some more pictures of the car, because i hadn’t done for ages. I wish i had the bloody fuel to take it somewhere and get decent pics of it, but still, these will do.

Only thing new on it is its finally clean and i got new number plates as i mentioned that matched the style of my old car!

Also notice the tints as well! Such a grand job for only £100! (I have tried to find the company details on the internet, but i can’t find them. Let me know if you’re interested though, but i also need to let you know, that this was through some haggling :) , he actually wanted £130!)

Comments and criticisms please...

also i will put in reviews of all my modifications to as much as detail as i can, but apart from that, it is slowly getting there, with all the other priorities that need to be done
  • sort out turbo[/*:m]
  • sort out driver mirror[/*:m]
  • sort out crack in window[/*:m]
  • service[/*:m][/list:u]

slowly but surely!

???