Noob to Mods

  • Keethos
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh WM User
  • Fresh WM User
More
13 years 8 months ago #174770 by Keethos
Noob to Mods was created by Keethos
Hi,

Just joined but I've known about this site for while through an existing member but never really got round to joining till now (Thanks to Mr.Hudson ). I'm from Warwick and a complete noob to modding (only ever going as far as making some ever so minor changes to my cars like gear knobs, tax discs and head units :D ) but I've always wanted to do some real modding. Now that I'm a proud owner of a Toyota GT86, I think this is going to be a great car to start modding as well as a great car to learn the dynamics of a RWD car (this being my first). Here are some pics for you guys:

My first real love next to my new baby:




First day out:






My plans are hopefully a new set of alloys first, though I'm seriously struggling to find a nice set of alloys that I like and suit this car, then new exhaust (one thing that lets this car down as you can't hear it), ECU remap and possibly a new air intake. At some point later in the future I'd like to stick on a body kit of some sort (not a massive choice at the moment....well available to the UK that is, plenty over in Japan and America) and even possibly go FI though undecided if I want to go super charged or turbo charged...if at all....that is if I don't suddenly decide to change up to something completely different or newer.

Well this was supposed to be just a simple "Hello" so that's enough of me for now.

Cheers,

Keith

Red Ford KA -> Glacier White Renault Clio RS 200 -> Pearl White Toyota GT86
Manual - JBL Sound System - HSK Air Filter - Reversing Camera - Chrome Indicator Bulbs - OEM Arm Rest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174771 by Han
Replied by Han on topic Noob to Mods
Haha, good intro. Welcome aboard Mr. Tsang. Loving the plans. She looks Unbelievable in those pics. One of my faves.

(Mike)


Take a look at my Toyota Corolla T Sport project log!! www.warwickshiremodified.co.uk/forum/pro...t-sport?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174772 by Chris CW
Replied by Chris CW on topic Noob to Mods
Welcome to the site Keith!
Loving the GT86, good plans too! Not surprised with the alloys, hard to make anything look as good as the body styling! Should be more and more options popping up as time goes by though, including a FI choice as there was rumours of a OEM option coming soon wasn't there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174775 by Vwpolodave
Replied by Vwpolodave on topic Noob to Mods
Looking gd buddy I love it welcome along :)


EAT,SLEEP WM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174778 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Noob to Mods
welcome to WM! loving the car! they do look great!

2005 350Z Nismo|HSD Coilovers|Scorpion Exhaust|Roll Cage|Sparco Seats|C/F Bonnet|Carbon Bits|Engine Dressing
Vortech V3 Supercharger|10.7psi|422.6hp@hubs|335.6lbft|725cc Injectors|FRS|Walbro 255 pump|AFR/Oil Temp/Boost gauges|Oil Cooler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174787 by LoddyC
Replied by LoddyC on topic Noob to Mods
Loving the look of the motor!!

but for 20k the performance spec is a bit lame are they turbo'd at all?? Seen them on auto trader 2.0L 200bhp :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174789 by tweedbean
Replied by tweedbean on topic Noob to Mods
Great base car to start with, although agree with the comments of a lack of power. Then again this was built as a handling car. The are N/A not turbo'd although yes there are rumors of an STI version with a turbo in the future, thats the one I would wait for.

[center:befme1nx][img:befme1nx]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o294/tweedbean/Sigclubman_zpsc872db84.jpg[/img:befme1nx]
[b:befme1nx][color=#0000FF:befme1nx]MINI Clubman JCW
[/color:befme1nx][/center:befme1nx][/b:befme1nx]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174792 by Han
Replied by Han on topic Noob to Mods

tweedbean wrote: Great base car to start with, although agree with the comments of a lack of power. Then again this was built as a handling car. The are N/A not turbo'd although yes there are rumors of an STI version with a turbo in the future, thats the one I would wait for.

LoddyC wrote: Loving the look of the motor!!

but for 20k the performance spec is a bit lame are they turbo'd at all?? Seen them on auto trader 2.0L 200bhp :(


I must disagree.. Since when does the amount you pay translate into how much horsepower it's got? You could pay 20k for some much less powerful cars. Or pay 2K for some much more powerful cars.

I actually think it's quite refreshing to see an agressive looking rear wheel jap coupe which doesn't have an enormous engine and turbos banged on it.

To be fair I don't recall 200bhp rwd n/a 2.0L ever being lame haha.

(I'm not just being a bitch cause he's my mate by the way haha, this is my actual opinion)


Take a look at my Toyota Corolla T Sport project log!! www.warwickshiremodified.co.uk/forum/pro...t-sport?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #174794 by HLG
Replied by HLG on topic Noob to Mods
Sweet!
Welcome to WM :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Keethos
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh WM User
  • Fresh WM User
More
13 years 8 months ago #174796 by Keethos
Replied by Keethos on topic Noob to Mods
Hey all, thanks for the welcome!

This is a very Marmite car, you either love it or you don't / you either get it or you don't, and it all comes down to the BHP and price of the car. I'm very much happy with the amount of power it has at the moment (its definitely not slow and I can still have a lot of fun even at low speeds) but it would definetly be nice to have a little more. Being an NA engine, I'm loving the responsiveness of it and it's one of the main reasons why I loved the Clio so much. These two cars are so similar on paper (power, weight etc) but drive so differently, at the time, I was thinking of upgrading to the new Megane 265 but decided to take a completely different route and go RWD. As for the price, some may see it is expensive, some will see it as a bargin (what other light weight 4 seater...ok 3 seater..RWD fun car with similar power where you can drift it without breaking the speed limit at a price less that £30k?), but to be fair, it could have been cheaper though, especially since it's so much cheaper in America and Japan.....the Yen being so high at the moment could probably be a factor.

I've heard that Subaru want to release a Turbo but Toyota are against it (so I've heard), they want to keep it oh natural...or they're waiting until they've developed a Supercharger, but there will be 1 eventually I reckon. Litchfield have developed a Supercharger which will be available soon and Fensport have been looking into a Turbocharger too, both upping power to around 300bph I think (probably less), but the yanks have already Turbocharged one to about 400bph which is just mad.

Red Ford KA -> Glacier White Renault Clio RS 200 -> Pearl White Toyota GT86
Manual - JBL Sound System - HSK Air Filter - Reversing Camera - Chrome Indicator Bulbs - OEM Arm Rest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum