MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP

More
5 years 3 months ago #179184 by lewys
Replied by lewys on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Where did you get the shifter from mate? Would love something like that for the saxo if they do something similar!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 3 months ago #179186 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Got mine from pure Motorsport renault Motorsport specialist.

Haven't you ever seen the one for the Saxo/106s.

Colin satchell/sandy brown? Only reason I'd buy a Saxo is for there shifter :) satchshift it's cool it's all over saxperience. Defo buy they feel awesome to drive with one fitted!!!

Haha I'm having a day off today if that helps tho :)

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #179189 by lewys
Replied by lewys on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP

chambers_cupra wrote: Got mine from pure Motorsport renault Motorsport specialist.

Haven't you ever seen the one for the Saxo/106s.

Colin satchell/sandy brown? Only reason I'd buy a Saxo is for there shifter :) satchshift it's cool it's all over saxperience. Defo buy they feel awesome to drive with one fitted!!!

Haha I'm having a day off today if that helps tho :)


Yh I heard of that 1 but got put off by people saying that you have to drive a certain way with them otherwise you ruin boxes. Have you driven 1 with it fitted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 3 months ago #179196 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Yeah they're awesome to drive with :) that's how I knew I wanted one for the clio.

Believe the satchshift is adjustable to shorten shifts so setting it up right is probs the key. I no a few people who have had them for years with no probs.

But any short shift can rush the syncros and destroy gears

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 3 months ago #179197 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Whip inner track ends out last night. So easy when you've got the tight tools for the job.

File Attachment:


File Attachment:


There proper knacker. Got some new ones from work so will whip them on soon along with a new drive shaft as the inner joint in the drivers side is knackered.

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #179201 by lewys
Replied by lewys on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP

chambers_cupra wrote: Yeah they're awesome to drive with :) that's how I knew I wanted one for the clio.

Believe the satchshift is adjustable to shorten shifts so setting it up right is probs the key. I no a few people who have had them for years with no probs.

But any short shift can rush the syncros and destroy gears


I may see if I can drive 1 with it fitted before I take the dive then, I see what you are saying about short shift though!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 2 months ago #179204 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP

lewys wrote:

chambers_cupra wrote: Yeah they're awesome to drive with :) that's how I knew I wanted one for the clio.

Believe the satchshift is adjustable to shorten shifts so setting it up right is probs the key. I no a few people who have had them for years with no probs.

But any short shift can rush the syncros and destroy gears


I may see if I can drive 1 with it fitted before I take the dive then, I see what you are saying about short shift though!


Just buy one you won't regret it :)

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 2 months ago #179205 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Changed the drive shaft and inner joints tonight.

Drive shaft boots were falling apart and had been bodge (like most things on this little clio) with cable ties which had let all the grease out lol.

Knackered boot and famous cable ties

File Attachment:


Old one

File Attachment:


New one in with the inner tie rods aswell.

File Attachment:


File Attachment:


Tomoz I'll be whipping the wishbones off as I've ordered some pretty impressive uprated ones :)

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 2 months ago #179209 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Did abit tonight

Fitted new steering boots

File Attachment:


And removed the wishbones ready for the new ones :D

File Attachment:


File Attachment:


Powerflex bushes only been fit since April ;)

Also went abit mad with an angel grinder and chopped abit of the crash bar out, need to tidy the bar up now lol

File Attachment:

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chambers_cupra
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • WM Regular
  • WM Regular
More
5 years 2 months ago #179210 by chambers_cupra
Replied by chambers_cupra on topic MY K1 and TRACK 172 CUP
Fitted some new wipers as mine where totally gone.

File Attachment:


as I didn't get in the garage till half nine I decided not to turn the angel grinder on and cut the crash bar out slightly, instead I pulled the interior out :) well most of it.

File Attachment:


File Attachment:


File Attachment:


bloody filthy lol. Will need some tlc to get how I want it.

All of the interior when in the boot of my K1 :) helped tidy things nicely

File Attachment:

[b:gmr24ild][color=#0000FF:gmr24ild]CHAMBERS[/color:gmr24ild][/b:gmr24ild]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok